Key Takeaway 1: Connecting the dots
- Steve Jobs dropped out of college after 6 months because he didn’t see the value in it and couldn’t figure out what he wanted to do with his life.
- However, dropping out allowed him to follow his curiosity and intuition, leading him to take a calligraphy class that would later influence the design of the first Macintosh computer.
- Jobs believes that you can only connect the dots in life looking backward, and that you have to trust that the dots will connect in your future.
Key Takeaway 2: Love and Loss
- Jobs found what he loved to do early in life, which was starting Apple with Steve Wozniak.
- In 10 years, Apple grew into a $2 billion company with over 4,000 employees.
- However, Jobs was fired from the company he started, and it was a significant loss for him.
Key Takeaway 3: Death
- Death is a subject that we often avoid, but Jobs believes that it is a necessary reminder that our time is limited.
- He encourages people to make the most of their lives and to not waste time living someone else’s life.