Lessons Learned from Rich Dad Poor Dad
Key Takeaway #1: The importance of learning about money;
- Schools do not teach about money because the government tells them what they can and can’t teach.
- An entrepreneur must know about money or they will no longer be an entrepreneur.
- Employees don’t have to know about money because the company or the government will take care of them.
Key Takeaway #2: Learning about money through experiences;
- A person can learn about money through apprenticeships, playing monopoly, and working for free.
- Working for free can help someone think like an entrepreneur and not like an employee.
- Playing monopoly can help teach someone about money and different formulas for success and wealth acquisition.
Key Takeaway #3: Building wealth through assets;
- Building wealth through assets is like playing the game of monopoly in real life.
- One of the greatest ways to acquire wealth is through acquiring assets, such as greenhouses and hotels, and making them bigger assets.
- Building wealth can be done by assembling assets, such as buying out small shops to build a large piece of property.