The Power of Gratitude and Joy
Key Takeaway #1: Understanding the Difference Between Happiness and Joy
- Happiness is an emotional response to an outcome and is result reliant, which can lead to frequent disappointment.
- Joy is a constant feeling that we have from doing what we are fashioned to do, and it is not dependent on results or outcomes.
Key Takeaway #2: Overcoming Life’s Challenges and Embracing the Journey
- Life is not easy and it is not meant to be. Do not fall into the trap of feeling like a victim, instead embrace the challenges and get on with it.
- Most things in life are more rewarding when you work hard to achieve them, so have the courage to be brave and face your fears.
- Chase your hero and continuously strive to improve yourself, knowing that your hero will always be just 10 years away.
Key Takeaway #3: The Benefits of Being Alone and Embracing Discomfort
- Being alone and feeling uncomfortable can be a valuable opportunity to discover more about yourself and to build resilience.
- Stick with the discomfort until you reach a point where you feel comfortable with your own company, and then you can re-engage with the world.