Lessons from Jeff Bezos on Entrepreneurship, Passion, and Hard Work
Key Takeaway #1: Find Your Calling
- Discover what you’re truly passionate about, what makes you tick and what you would do for free if you had to.
- Don’t chase what’s hot at the moment, instead focus on what truly resonates with you.
- Aim to turn your passion into a calling, this is when you will have hit the jackpot.
Key Takeaway #2: Take Action on Your Dreams
- Don’t be afraid to take risks and follow your dreams, even if they may seem unconventional.
- You may fail, but you won’t regret trying and failing, you will regret not trying at all.
- Take the less safe path, embrace the journey and be proud of the choices you make to pursue your passion.
Key Takeaway #3: Be Proud of Your Hard Work and Choices
- You can’t be proud of your gifts, as they were given to you, but you can be proud of your choices.
- Hard work, dedication and perseverance are the things that define us, not our gifts.
- You have the power to choose your life story, choose a life of service and adventure over ease and comfort.